Thunderbolt Broadcasting » Blog Archive » Family Loses Home in Fire

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Our Sponsors
The Details

 Powered by Max Banner Ads 

Family Loses Home in Fire

November 30th, 2012 - By Steve James

A local family is in need of the community’s help following a house fire.

The home of Julie Whittacker and her two teenage daughters in Latham was lost in a fire Thursday night.

Firefighters from Latham, Martin, and Dresden responded to the call, but what started as a grease fire, spread too quickly and the house couldn’t be saved.

Julie, who’s a registered nurse at Martin Pediatric was the only one home at the time, and made it out safely.

Several donations sites have been set up to help the family. A donation box has been set up at Snappy Tomato in Martin, and a account has been set up at First State. Donations can also be brought by the Martin Pediatric Office.

Anyone who wants to donate clothes, the sizes needed are, women’s small, medium and large in shirts, jean sizes 10, and 4 through 6, and shoes in size 7 or 8.5 through 9.